Y_COMO PRESENTATION: IF
“If” is inspired by a poem by the British, Rudyard Kipling, one of the most recognized poets from the Victorian era. A poem that explains how we must face everything that happens to us in life, to get out victorious and become better people.
A plea for authenticity and freedom to which other pillars in which the creative director bases her work: crafts and nature represented by the Williams Morris‘ organicism in the collection’s prints and the essence of Modernism by Antoni Gaudí.
“An architect who does not take nature into account in their creation is not a good architect” said Gaudí. – From my point of view, the same thing happens in clothes” explains Yolanda Pérez.
IF IN 10 KEY POINTS
· Natural materials: Denim cotton, silk, crepe de chine or cashmere wool
· 70s aesthetics
· The key colours: moss, caldera and indigo blue
· Oversized white shirts
· Blouses and dresses made in prints with a modernist touch, based on the original work of William Morris
· Oversized, fluid and very feminine silhouettes
· Flare pants in cotton denim
· Pleated skirts & pants of different lengths, also made of cotton denim, flattering for different silhouettes
· Impeccable patterned trench coats made in various fabrics and colours
· Retro sunglasses and military aesthetic footwear